The 2015 submission cycle is now closed.
Congratulations to our 2015 winner, Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center!
Check back in Spring 2016 for the next submission cycle.
As health care continues its rapid evolution, it’s never been more important to deploy innovative, team-based approaches that deliver excellence in medical care, excellence in service, and sustainable efficiencies for EM practices. Accordingly, the leadership at Urgent Matters, Blue Jay Consulting and the Schumacher Group want to support innovation in emergency departments nationwide.
The Emergency Care Innovation of the Year Award provides an opportunity for multidisciplinary teams to be acknowledged for their outstanding contributions and also provides a potential platform for disseminating effective solutions to common issues facing the emergency care community.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is your hospital innovating clinical practice?
- Has your hospital implemented a new process to significantly increase patient satisfaction?
- Does your emergency department have an innovative approach to quality improvement?
Sustaining, promoting, and improving quality in emergency care requires a team from across departments, the hospital, and community. We are looking for innovations that increase the value of care and improve delivery systems.
Submitted innovations should fit into at least one of the following categories: safety and quality,flow and efficiency,care coordination, patient experience, and cost consciousness.
One winning team will be selected. One member of the winning team will receive the honor of presenting their innovation at the Urgent Matters Conference to be held at the American College of Emergency Physicians Scientific Assembly.
- Complimentary registration to the Urgent Matters Conference
- Opportunity to meet with Blue Jay Consulting and Schumacher Group leadership to assess the possibility of deploying the innovation on a larger scale
- Airfare and one night hotel stay for the team representative.
In addition, the winner will present their innovation in an online webinar presentation sponsored by Urgent Matters and have their work featured on the Urgent Matters website and eNewsletter.