- Health Sciences Bulletin (school policies & course descriptions)
- Code of Academic Integrity
- Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Code of Student Conduct & Other Policies
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy — Federal regulation requires that students who receive federal aid and/or loans (e.g. Pell grants, Stafford Loans) maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students who do not meet the requirements and do not improve within one term from the time they are notified by the GW Office of Student Financial Assistance, may be at risk of losing federal aid/loans.
- Social Media Policy — includes policies that apply to all members of the university community.
- University Policies — (class attendance, EEO/Affirmative Action Statement, FERPA, military duty, religious holidays).
- Additional policies. Programs may have additional handbooks with academic and/or clinical policies specific to the major. Consult your program director and/or academic advisor.
Academic Forms (for Registration, Credits, Major)
- Complete Withdrawal — Used when a student is dropping all courses in a term and is not registering for Continuous Enrollment or Leave of Absence.
- Credit Transfer — Used to request the transfer of credit from another institution.
- Level Change Request Form — Used to correct undergraduate (01) vs. graduate (02) level designation of courses. Course level and student level must be the same in order to be counted towards a student's graduation GPA/credit hours.
- Major Change — Used to request a change of major.
- Registration Transaction Form — Used when a student cannot adjust his or her registration online in GWeb. Most commonly used for Continuous Enrollment, Leave of Absence, backdated registrations, or add/drop after deadlines have passed.
- Transfer Within GW Application Form — For GW students requesting to transfer to a Health Sciences undergraduate or graduate program
Clinical Forms (for CLS, MLS, PA, & PT students)
Graduation & Certificate Completion Forms
- Graduation Application — For AS, BSHS, MSHS, and DPT degrees.
- Certificate Completion Application — Graduate and undergraduate students completing certificate requirements in the Clinical Laboratory Science, Clinical Research Administration, Clinical Translational Research, Health Care Quality, Medical Laboratory Science, Physician Assistant, and Regulatory Affairs programs, must submit this Certificate of Completion Application Form to receive their certificate. This form must be received by the Health Sciences Office of Student Services by October 1 for Fall, February 1 for Spring, and July 1 for Summer semesters.
- Petition Request (general) — A form used to make any special request or exception regarding academic or registration policy. Most commonly used for registration/tuition adjustment. Often used in conjunction with the Registration Transaction Form.
- Petition Request (CE or LOA) — form used request "Continuous Enrollment" (CE) status or a "Leave of Absence" (LOA). CE applies to students who will not be registered for a course but will be continuing work from a previous term (e.g. completing requirements for course in which an incomplete (I) or In Progress (IPG) was earned; extended clinical rotation, continuing research.). It is also used in the final, graduation term if the student is not registered for any other courses. Applies to students seeking an approved break from their program of study. Must submitted in conjunction with the Registration Transaction Form.
Transcripts & Certifications
- Transcript Requests — Used to request official copies of GW transcripts only. If you wish to have transcripts from another institution sent to GW, please contact that institution's Registrar's Office.
- Certification Request – Used to certify enrollment, registration, graduation status, and academic standing for current students and alumni.
Personal Information Update
- Address Change — Submit this form to the University Registrar's Office to officially change your address. Current students may also login to GWeb Info System to change their address, phone, or email.
- Name or Social Security Number Change— To officially change your name or social security number with GW you must complete this form, provide supporting documentation, and submit it to the University Registrar's Office.
- Credit Card Payment — Can be used to pay tuition and other fees for distance education students only.