The George Washington University is dedicated to furthering human well-being and values a dynamic, student-focused community stimulated by cultural and intellectual diversity and built upon a foundation of integrity, creativity and openness to the exploration of new ideas. The University commits itself to excellence in the creation, dissemination and application of knowledge and the promotion of lifelong learning from both global and integrative perspectives.
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences will improve the health and well being of our local, national, and global communities by:
- Developing tomorrow's leaders,
- Delivering high-quality health care,
- Advancing scientific discovery and translating discoveries into action,
- Harnessing new technology,
- Establishing community partnerships,
- Fostering multidisciplinary collaboration, and
- Pursuing alliances unique to our location.
- Teaching with creativity and dedication
- Healing with quality and compassion
- Discovering with imagination and innovation
Working together in our nation's capital, with integrity and resolve, George Washington University SMHS is committed to improving the health and well-being of our local, national and global communities.